We’re beefing up the content here at BoyDads and we’d want YOUR help!
We have this vision that the space we create here at BoyDads isn’t exclusive, or country-club-esque — although a secret handshake would be pretty sweet.
We’re all walking this parenting journey together — we may be at different stages and we may have different perspectives, but the goal is the same: raise godly men.
So, we’re looking for some guest posts from readers, bloggers, authors, pastors, grandpas…you name it, we’re open to reading it! We’re hoping to find some incredible pieces of encouragement, advice, perspective, and humor to share with our community. Maybe you consider yourself a writer…maybe not…it doesn’t really matter — if God has laid something on your heart that you think would resonate with our readers, we want to hear from you! Who knows what God might do with it — many of the people we ask to join our regular writing crew start out with a killer guest post!
So, here is what we need from you:
- Your top-of-the-line, ORIGINAL, pre-edited work between 500-700 words (Note: We don’t accept posts previously published on another site.)
- A post image: sized somewhere around 500 x 300 and make sure you’ve got all the credit info to be kosher (Note: Using your own photos is the best way to go!)
- A brief bio and photo of yourself with any appropriate links to your own site and social media spaces
Keep this schtuff in mind if you’re planning on submitting something:
- This is a family-friendly website. Our Editor, Nate, reserves the right to accept, deny, or edit all submitted posts. No questions asked.
- If you’ve got older kids and plan to illustrate a point by talking about a mistake they made, write about it with grace and make sure to check with them first!
- Use care and grace in the way you talk about your wife. None of us are perfect, so make sure to ask yourself this question before you submit, “How would I feel if she wrote about my shortcomings and hangups this way on a public blog for all the world to see?”
- If we choose to run your post, please shout it from the rooftops on your website (where applicable) to send your traffic to us that day. But don’t copy and paste the article word-for-word at your blog. This is a major SEO killer (search engine optimization) and hurts us both. In fact, stretch your creative muscles and give it an entirely different title if you can and don’t include any of the text from your post on your own site. Thanks, man!
Ready to send something our way? Simply send an email to nate@findingedenmedia with the subject line: BoyDads Guest Post Submission — after reviewing your work and our editorial calendar, you’ll receive a reply to let you know if we can run your submission or not. Please don’t check up on the process, we’ll let you know as soon as we can! If we decide to move forward with your submission, we’ll let you know the date and time it will go live so you can share!
And hey, do you know a BoyDad who you think would have a killer post for us? Send them our way!